What is FTP and why would I use it?
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol and is essentially used for transferring files over the internet. This is useful for when you want to upload media files to Centova Cast quickly and easily. Software allows you to log into your Centova Cast account remotely and drag/drop files from your machine to your media library in Centova Cast - which is a lot quicker than using the built in upload feature.
What software do I need to download?
There are multiple FTP client solutions that can be used, but we recommend FileZilla as it is easy to use and more importantly open source and free.
How do I use it?
- Head over to FileZilla's website here.
- Click 'Download FileZilla Client' and run through the setup.
- Open FileZilla and you will see the following application
- Log into Centova Cast and head to the Quick Links page to find your FTP details
- Head back to FileZilla and enter the details into the software
Please note remember to enter the port number as 21, a lot of people try to enter their Centova Cast streaming port and it does not work.
- Click 'Quickconnect' and you will be connected to your server.
- Once connected, on the left hand side you will see your local PC document tree, and on the right hand side the servers. Double click on the 'Media' folder on the right and drag files from your PC (the left) into the right hand panel to upload them.
Job done! You've now uploaded your media to your Centova Cast service and you can begin to start putting your music files into playlists.
Adding newly uploaded media to playlists
- Log into Centova Cast and click the 'Media' tab in the left hand side.
- Update your media library to pull through your new tracks by clicking 'Options' then 'Manual Library Update'
- Drag files into which ever playlist you wish.